Using promotional Clothing these days is a marketing method that is widely used by businesses and other companies for their advertising activities. The main reason as to why these items are chosen to be used as marketing tools despite the fact that almost all businesses are already using this method is that it has been proven effective and reliable. One of the most prevalent promotional items these days is Promotional Clothing.
These are usually plain clothes and other garments that are printed with the company logo. This transforms them into something that can be donned by anyone in the public providing free business advertisement. There are a lot of choices when it comes to promotional clothing and these can be designed according to the business owners' preferences. Usually, the first thing that comes to mind regarding promotional clothing are those thin, plain white t-shirts that are printed with the company's logo and marketing message which is handed out as a souvenir. But thanks to the advancement of technology, developments are progressing to create quality textures and fabrics that will change people's mindset on these products.
Furthermore, because of how every business wants to be unique, different categories of clothing are made, so the possibilities have become more extensive as far as the design is concerned. Some are even willing to pay more just to get make their designs far more attractive than their competitors.
Promotional clothing is a popular branding tool that can be used successfully with any business. Done correctly, this type of clothing will drastically change the way others see yours.
The Benefits of Branding with Promotional Clothing
Promotional clothing can be used in a variety of ways, each with distinct benefits. If you use branded clothing as a work uniform in a public store front, the benefits include:
- A professional-looking atmosphere
- Staff who are instantly recognisable and thus easy to ask for help
- Clothing that further expands upon the theme of the business (tops give a sporty look to an athletic shop, polos lend an air of professionalism to an office supply shop, etc.)
If you use promotional clothing to identify your employees at a trade show, convention, seminar, or other professional gathering, you can cash in on these benefits:
- Other businesses will be able to identify your staff easily. When they present themselves well, others will instantly be impressed with the way your company presents itself.
- Visitors to a trade show will be able to recognise your staff, even away from the stand.
- Branded clothing provides a conversation starter that's centred around your business and gets the word out about your company.
If you give out promotional clothing as a prize for high performance within the company, you'll enjoy a different set of benefits including:
- An opportunity for the employee to talk about his or her job when the clothing sparks conversation
- A sense of pride for the employee who enjoys wearing the well-designed garment
- An incentive for others to step up and strive for these same high-quality prizes
How to Brand Your Business with Promotional Clothing
When you're choosing promotional clothing for your company, it's important to give these garments a lot of thought. Don't just slap your logo on the back or a t-shirt or the corner of polo without taking the time to consider the options. The clothing needs to be well suited to both the company and the purpose of the shirt.
Here are some questions to ask yourself when you're designing promotional clothing for branding your company.
- Will this shirt be worn daily or occasionally? Company uniforms for daily wear need to be durable and easy to clean. Don't choose something high end that needs to be dry cleaned.
- What image do you want your company to present? If you want to appear edgy and trendy, a t-shirt with graffiti-style letting, bright colours, and modern artwork may work very well. When you want to present a more professional image, a simple logo and neutral-coloured shirt may be better.
- What colours and designs are associated with your company? If your logo features black, yellow, and red, you should not order promotional clothing in purple and green. People won't recognise your shirts as belonging to the company and you'll only confuse the image that you've worked so hard to build.
One great way to use promotional clothing is in the form of an employee uniform. Any company with a public shop front should have matching uniforms for employees. If your shop has a more eclectic feel, consider offering your employees two or three designs to choose from, so the clothing is somewhat personalised, but still easily recognisable.
Matching clothing is also important when your employees are on the road. Participating in a golf tournament, 5K run, or another charity event is a great way to give back to the community. Make sure your team has matching t-shirts, polos, or other sports attire so they're recognisable.
This customised clothing makes its way to the top of the trend thanks to the consumers. A lot of people these days are into wearing shirts that have a business name either printed or embroidered on them because it makes them feel like they are closely related to the company. In addition to that, because of the designs that most businesses are using these days, the colours and trendy fashion slowly creeps its way to the top of the fashion industry.
As long as you have the will to create an innovative design for your promotional clothing, you will certainly be able to get your target market to wear your merchandise and proudly advertise your