1. TGI Fridays is an American restaurant chain concentrating on mostly casual dining. The first T.G.I. Friday's restaurant was opened by Alan Stillman in New York in 1965. The red and white stripes are the hallmark of this brand and are still seen on the uniform of the staff, predominantly on the ties or neck scarves.
2. Sytner Group signifies twenty of the world's most desired car manufacturers in over one hundred dealerships throughout the UK. It was established by Frank Sytner, a former Touring Car Champion, and his brother Alan in 1968. The uniform consists of navy trousers and light blue shirts, with dark blue jackets for those working outdoors.
3. American Express is a global brand that offers consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need. For example, there are more than 112 million American Express credit cards worldwide. The uniform is of a formal nature and comprises navy, light blue shirts and suit jackets amongst the office workers.
4. Marriott International, Inc. is a foremost, international accommodation company with over 4,200 properties in 79 countries. Founded by J. Willard and Alice Marriott nearly 90 years ago, the company has its headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland, USA. The uniform for employees focuses on the trademark red. Doormen wear red ties and red jackets, whilst receptionists will wear red shirts under a grey suit.
5. Launched in 1993, Admiral Group has developed from a minor start up to one of the major car insurance providers in the UK with a presence in seven countries. They launched in 1993 with just a single brand, no customers and less than sixty members of staff. The Group today has setups across Europe and the US, with more than 4 million customers. To tie in with the logo and theme of seafaring, the Admiral group have blues and navy colours incorporated into their office uniforms.
6. Nationwide began as the Provident Union Building Society in 1846. After many mergers – most notably the union with Anglia Building Society in 1987 and the Portman Building Society in 2007, Nationwide is currently the largest mutual financial organisation in the world, the third largest mortgage lender in the UK, and one of the country’s main savings providers. The uniform is formal, yet versatile. The colour scheme is on of blues, purples and light pink – these are added onto ties and neck scarves.
7. Bourne Leisure is one of the biggest providers of holidays and holiday home ownership in the UK. Haven, Butlins and Warner Leisure Hotels are amongst their brands and they own and function leisure assets on 6,500 acres of land. Over 4 million families go on holiday at their leisure parks, resorts or hotels annually.
8. Inchcape are a franchised retailer group, dealing in numerous well known car brands, such as BMW, Mercedes and Jaguar. They run franchised retail centres and are always on call to help their customers with their car requirements.
9. McDonald's is the world's biggest chain of hamburger fast food restaurants, serving around 70 million customers every day in 120 countries across 35,000 outlets. Established in 1940 in the US, the company started as a barbecue restaurant and was run by Richard and Maurice McDonald. In 1948, they restructured their business as a hamburger stand using brand new production line philosophies. Businessman Ray Kroc joined the business as its franchise manager in 1955. He consequently acquired the chain from the McDonald brothers and masterminded its international growth. The uniform relies on caps and comfortable polo shirts, with gold coloured fronts and the famous ‘M’ logo embroidered on the front.
10. Iceland Foods Ltd is a supermarket chain in Britain, selling predominantly frozen foods, including prepared meals and vegetables. The uniforms present a simple, yet unmissable premise. This consists of bright red polo tops and black trousers for the employees.
Every company will benefit from an easily identifiable brand, and uniforms are as important as any other aspect of a marketing and branding plan. Whether it's corporate uniforms or hospitality workwear, there is a uniform for everyone.